Polo shirts were once a clothing option worn mostly by athletes participating in sports like tennis, golf and, of course, polo. They became a trendy fashion statement during the 1980s and then disappeared from most closets until rediscovered by corporations. The top is now a popular uniform choice. The simple, collared shirt is acceptable for both male and female employees and is the perfect compromise between a casual t-shirt and a formal button-up dress shirt. There are many other reasons businesses now use polo tops for their uniforms.
- It is easy to choose from the rainbow of colors available to match any company colors.
- By adding a logo or an embroidered name tag, the top instantly becomes a custom uniform.
- There are a variety of materials to choose from, but nearly all are wash-and-wear, wrinkle-resistant, and not prone to shrinking or fading. Most businesses choose polyester or poly/ cotton blends for the most reliability.
- Polo shirts look appropriate with dress pants, khakis, jeans, and skirts. This makes it possible for the company to use what they prefer and adapt their dress code over time without needing to replace all of their uniform tops.
- Polo shirts are cool and comfortable to wear. They can be worn tucked in or left out, do not bind or ride up on the wearer, and will retain their shape.
- There are many affordable, high-quality shirts available. This makes it easy for employers to keep everyone in the company supplied with embroidered or custom screen printed tops without going over budget.
- The color variety makes it possible to use the same shirt in different shades to define who is management or working in specific departments while still maintaining a consistency in the employee’s appearance.
Choosing uniform tops like sport-tek sport shirts makes it easy to have professional-looking employees that are instantly identifiable as employees of a certain company. Polyester is a moisture-wicking material that keeps everyone comfortable even when they are working their hardest or exposed to unpredictable weather conditions. Flat knit collars stay in place and do not buckle or stretch out over time. Long-sleeved polo shirts are also an option for cooler temperatures and have all of the same benefits as the short-sleeve versions.